Saturday, October 20, 2012

Book Review



Title: Toxic Part One (Celestra #7)
Author: Addison Moore
Published: September 2012


3.5/5 STARS

Toxic Part One (Celestra, # 7)
 
Skyla Messenger’s days are numbered.

With an angelic Faction War riding on her shoulders, and her mother’s newfound need to cozy with the enemy, Skyla also has to deal with the fact someone close to her has openly deceived her.

Skyla learns that sometimes in life, and in love, things aren’t always what they seem.
 
Description Source: www.goodreads.com


Book Review:

   Toxic is the seventh book in the Celestra series. The war against the Celestras and the Countenance is still brewing. Unfortunately, things don't seem to be going well with Skyla and her friends.

   Let's talk about the romance! Gage, tsk tsk tsk. I do not like you. When it comes to him and Skyla I don't feel anything between them, they should just stay friends. Logan, I like you a lot. You can definitely feel the love between him and Skyla. Logan doesn't act like a caveman when it comes to her and he's protective, but he doesn't suffocate her. Marshall, I love you, you crazy bastard. His character is so funny and entertaining, and we can see there's some sexual tension between him and Skyla.

   Tad, Drake, Melissa. I can't stand the Landons, they just really bother me. As for Chloe, she needs the chill the fuck out. Hopefully things will straighten out in the next part of Toxic.


P.S   I want to show you a part of a scene that made me squeal and laugh so hard. SPOILER =>



 “Your future bride is out of control.” My mother doesn’t bother hiding the fact she’s irritated.

Gage glances over when she refers to me as Marshall’s future bride.

My father steps forward. “What’s this future bride business?” Dad looks wild-eyed from me to my mother. “Marshall? The Sector?” He looks right at him. “Is that why you chose me as your mentor ? Because you had some ulterior motive with my daughter?”

That’s right. Marshall once mentioned that my father was his mentor. I’ve wondered what that was about myself.

“With heaven’s sanction, I will marry your daughter.” Marshall gives a nod in Dad’s direction.

“Personally,” My mother digs a smile into the side of her cheek. “I’m rooting for Logan.”
....
"What about Gage?" (Skyla asks)...
"What about me?" Marshall queries with his finger jabbed into his chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment